Thursday, April 11, 2013

Why I am starting this blog...Music moves me...

My family, religion, and music define me. Anyone that knows me, knows that I can think of a song for just about any meaningful subject. We listen to a variety of music (nothing heavy) in our home. Everyone has different tastes. It's fun to find music that is upbeat and makes chores just easier to get through, or exercising more fun, whatever it may be, there are all sorts of choices. However, if it's up to me, it's inspirational music. It can be contemporary, classical, choral or instrumental, but it has to speak to my spirit. It turns me to Christ. It turns me to love, understanding, peace, grace, hope, release....

Just last week our church held its Semi-Annual General Conference where we hear from the Prophet and Apostles of the Lord, Jesus Christ. (http://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng) During that conference, Elder Neil L Anderson said, "Let’s make sharing our faith online more a part of our daily life..."

So here I am. I love hearing inspirational words! But even more when they are set to beautiful music, I am moved. I am going to share the music that moves me with you. A few of my closest friends will tell me that I always say "Listen to the words!!!!" when I share a song with them. I tell my kids that too, when I wonder what the message is in the music they listen to. Sometimes they realize the message isn't the best, or sometimes they help me see that the message can be deeper than I think. It's fun to see them notice more about what they are listening to. Anyway, I hope you can be moved my some of the music I will share or find comfort and strength in it. 

Today I'd like to share a song by Hilary Weeks (http://hilaryweeks.com/) This will not be the last time I do. She inspires me a lot!


It's called "You Give" and the lyrics really make me think about life and trusting in the Lord with a better perspective. There is so much about all these words and the strength and hope I feel from listening to it. I can't even choose a favorite part. It's all good! I'd love to hear your response to it.

I like to read the words then close my eyes and listen...enjoy!


You Give
by Hilary Weeks

You give me sight when I can’t see
You give me breath when I can’t breathe
And You give me love and You give me peace
You always seem to give just what I need

You take my doubt and replace it with truth
You take my fear so all I see is You
And You take me as I am and You take me by the hand
You see to my soul and You take just what I need

You give and take away and refine me day by day
As You lead me through the bitter and sweet
I am trusting You to make me complete
Though You see the heartache You’re sending Your sweet grace
As You give… and You take

You give me strength and You give me life
You give me hope and You give me light
And You take my pain and You take my shame
You bless me to see the give and take is just what I need

You give and take away and refine me everyday
As You lead me through the bitter and sweet
I am trusting You to make me complete
Though You see the heartache You’re sending Your sweet grace
As You give… and You take

Please send Your perfect grace
As You give
And You take 

3 comments:

  1. I'm a word listener too. It's amazing to me how many people claim that they don't listen to the words, that's where the true power is in the songs! I haven't heard that Hilary song, it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Listen to uplifting song of the day...check!

    ReplyDelete