Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Walking in the Footsteps of Christ - Day 10


Day 10
Footsteps: We take our free agency for granted but it was seriously challenged before our mortal lives even began. This Christmas let's give thanks for the one who defended our freedom and understood perfectly the importance of free agency.

" Satan...came before me saying – behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
But behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me – Father, Thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him....by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down." (Moses 4: 1-5)

Walking: Express your gratitude for the gift of free agency in prayer. Think of one way you can give your will back to Him.

Song:  More by Kenneth Cope
 see video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bz--OyQDu0

More 
More steady, more sure, more trusted, more pure
Some say it doesn’t matter
More trained and more aware, more aim to get me there
I climb this far, You raise the bar, You want my heart

More fierce desire to stand against the wind
More blazing fire when dark is closing in
More love inspired change within
So there’s more and more of me to give

More words to learn and know, more etched upon my soul
Some say it doesn’t matter
More tried, more true, less me and much more You
I stretch this tall, You sound the call, You want my all
Chorus

You keep reaching out, You’re calling out to me
For more strength in shoulders to face the war with sin
More wise and bolder to save the souls of men
A more faithful soldier to the end
You want more and more of me to give

More and more of me to give...More

More love. More light. More purpose.
More serve with all my might.
I need more hope, more faith,
More patience, each day I pray for more
More and more of me to give
More fire, more zeal, more spirit to know what’s real
More courage, More joy, More
More and more of me to give
More grateful, More true, More humble to trust and do
You call, I hear, I’ll walk the path that’s set in stone
My heart is fixed on getting home
What on earth could ever matter more
More and more of me to give...More

1 comment:

  1. Holly, that was a beautiful thought. Thank you for taking the time to write these uplifting posts. What a great way to spend the Holiday season, reflecting on the blessings of the gospel.

    ReplyDelete