Saturday, December 21, 2013

Walking in the Footsteps of Christ - Day 22

Day 22
Footsteps: As the holidays get busier and busier; we become involved in so many things. Running errands, attending parties, buying presents, choosing wrapping paper and ribbons seem to take up much of our time and focus. It’s easy to become caught up in material things. This year let us remember where our lives ought to be centered and who we are to put in the center of our lives.

“I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.” (John 6:35) “And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.” (John 10:4) “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live” (John 11:25) “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” (John 8:12)

Walking: Take the time to give an act of service to someone today. Shovel a walk, visit a neighbor, walk a dog…Pray for the Spirit to guide you where you are needed.

Song: Coming Home by Shawna Edwards



Coming Home

A hundred paths that lead to a thousand broken dreams
A million ways to trade your soul for lesser things
The only path I see that is paved with love and peace
The one true way that leads to Him is everything I need

He is hope when a journey begins
He is strength in the wind
He is faith when my courage wears thin
He is rest when I'm weary and worn
He's the place where I'm loved and I'm known
When I come unto Christ it feels like I'm coming home

A hundred thoughts to share and a thousand whispered prayers
A million ways to feel His love and know He's there
So trusting I will go whether long or hard the road
That He will walk each step with me is all I need to know

Chorus

I won't waste a day chasing trinkets and noise
I will walk in His light and hear only His voice

Chorus

Coming Home
I Am Coming Home

No comments:

Post a Comment