Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Walking in the Footsteps of Christ - Day 18

Day 18

Footsteps: We all have storms in our lives. Storms of fear and anger, storms of sorrow and pain.... storms at home or at school. The Master's hand can calm all our tempests. He can calm a troubled or aching heart. Whatever the storm, only he has the power to bring peace.

'And when he was entered into a ship, His disciples followed Him. And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but He was asleep. And His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. And he saith unto them, why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm." (Matt. 8:23-26)

Walking: In your journal list 10 things you are grateful for.

Song: Never Alone by Hilary Weeks


Never Alone
Why did this happen
Do you know what's happened to me
And Heaven were you watching
Were you watching over me
Cause the way that I've been feeling
Well I'm feeling so alone

So if you hear this prayer
And if I'm not alone
I need to know
I need to know you're there
I need something to hold on to
I need someone who will care

Carry me on
And Carry me through somehow
Make sense of this pain
And show me the way

Cause when the darkness comes
I'm a prisoner to my fears
Although I'm listening the doubt is all I hear
Then I reach for your hand
and feel you reaching back
And the light returns

And I begin, I begin to understand
My soul can feel the mercy
And the love in your plan
And when I let go
And turn all the hurt and sorrow over to you
The burden is light
And trusting I find

Though the storms roll in
And the winds of change may blow
I know you'll let them come
So that I can learn and grow
And when I reach for your hand
I feel you reaching back
And that's how I know
I am never alone

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for introducing me to another sort of prayer set to music. I love it.

    ReplyDelete