Saturday, December 7, 2013

Walking in the Footsteps of Christ - Day 7


Day 7
Footsteps: The Savior knows the weight of our suffering and the depth of our pain. He has suffered for us and he loves us without reservation. There is no problem so hard or despair so dark that he can't help us if we let him.

“He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from Him; he was despised and we esteemed him not.
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him and with his stripes we are healed." (Isaiah 53:3-5)

Even after all He had been through, Christ demonstrated His perfect love he hung on the cross and said “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” (Luke 23:34)

Walking: Forgive someone that has offended you, pray for a forgiving heart

Song: Gethsemane by Kenneth Cope

Gethsemane
My Lord Jesus
Me in heaven, You on earth
You're in the garden
And Your heavy burden is growing worse
I weep for You, Jesus

My poor Jesus
I'm so sorry to make You cry
But I'm far from like You
And all my sins, Lord, demand this price

I wish that I could come to You
And wipe away the blood
And then I'd bear Your cross, Lord
If I could
But I'm up here
And You're down there, Jesus

My poor Jesus
I'm so sorry to make You die
But, please, for me, Jesus, die

Now Lord Jesus
You're in heaven and I'm on earth
Now it's my turn
And my little burden is getting worse
I weep for me, Jesus

Oh kind Jesus
I keep trying to win this fight
But I just can't change me
I need Your grace, Lord
Please provide

I wish that I could run to You
And all of this would end
If I could see Your face
Have You close again
But You're up there
And I'm down here, Oh Jesus

My Lord Jesus
If You've got time to spend with me tonight
Then fly to me, Jesus, fly

No comments:

Post a Comment